Unplugged: Wasn't expecting the hammer blow of fatigue that hit me late morning yesterday. I'd felt slightly tired in the morning, nothing noteworthy, but by 11:30 AM I was enervated, a condition which lasted most of the day. Guessing it was due to the effect of the steroid finally wearing off.
Thankfully, I got most of what I wanted to do around the house finished by the time the energy drain hit me. Tried to shake off the lethargy with brief sojourns outside but the effect was only temporary; I was relatively okay while standing or walking, but otherwise, felt almost dizzy fighting to stay awake (gave in for a short nap in the early afternoon). Finally called it a day and went to bed at 8:30 PM. Can't remember the last time I retired that early.
Today's been a big improvement; my energy level is up to the point where I was able to go for a short walk near the Reservoir (thanks to JB for the company). I did have a bit of a back ache after the walk but it's since subsided.
After the chemo room nurse telling me Wednesday that it takes some people a year to regain their energy after the end of the treatments, I'm trying to keep as active as I possibly can...without overdoing it, o' course. (Would a Whelan, by definition the very model of restraint and temperance, every overdo anything?)
Hoping to have some more pictures up this weekend.
2 comments:
Figured out how to post a comment! Am still enjoying your blog immensely. I bought all the ingredients yesterday for alternative stuff -- plan to mix up the witches' brews this weekend.
Can't wait to turn into a toad! (Okay, a bigger toad.)
Post a Comment