Chilly Saturday Morning: Set off on a walk at around 9:30 AM with the best of intentions; planned to get to the docks and take some photos of the lake. The sky was (is) overcast and the temperature seemed chilly but warm enough to make me think that I could make the trek. About halfway, I began to see my breath. Made it across Territorial Road and knew that I was going to have to turn back soon. Walked past Bangs Road (the entrance to the yacht club, which is where I saw the black bear over the summer) and decided I'd better return before I felt totally frozen. My energy level wasn't a factor at all, which surprised me, only the chill.
Not sure how much the chemo drugs played a role in this, but I was warned that there'd be times I'd feel cold more intensely. I hadn't noticed until this episode. Oregon is a little infamous for its changeable weather; unfortunately, I didn't get the temperature before I started, but I do believe it turned a slightly colder since I left.
So...I did promise a photo or two last time. I was hoping for some impressive panorama shots of the lake, but just mundane ones this time.
Taken Friday; oak tree at the campground entrance. Dig that moss.
New addition at the alpaca farm. First young one that I've noticed there.
This dude came right to the fence when he saw me; obviously, he's been fed by passers-by before (or heard that I'm a soft touch when it comes to carrots). I was asked if alpacas spit (like camels and llamas); can't say that I know, but I wasn't going to venture too close in case he decided I made a perfect target.
Until next time...
Afternoon update: I'm always writing about Fern Ridge Reservoir but I neglect to include any photos of the area. Here's a few from last Saturday. More the next time the weather behaves.
 |
| [click here for large image] |
.jpg) |
| Looking west on top of levee |
 |
| Canada geese |
 |
| Another part of the path |
 |
| Fern Ridge Dam |
 |
| Opposite the dam, Long Tom River |
 |
| Atop levee looking NW |
No comments:
Post a Comment