"Over Macho Grande?": Experienced an energy drop together with an undercurrent of nausea yesterday afternoon; anticipated the former, hoped I'd entirely avoid the latter. Eating smaller portions and more frequently throughout helps...sounds counterintuitive, but I guess it gives the stomach something to do other than the masochism tango.
The feeling of fatigue wasn't as strong this time, but did hit a little earlier than last. I was able to make it to 11:00 PM last night before I couldn't keep my eyes open. Today's been better; a little malaise in the morning but household duties have helped me to wake up.
At times, I am noticing the cold more. Opening the metal gate to go to the mailbox this morning, I felt a moderate tingling sensation in the fingertips of my left hand (simultaneously, a similar but less intense sensation occurred in my right hand, which didn't touch the gate). The feeling passed within ten seconds. It's happened again a time or two, but the effect is over quickly.
Predictably unpredictable...that's what a college friend called me once. I'll steal that term and apply it to the side effects I've experienced to this point.
Took Dad to WVCI yesterday while they removed the portable chemo pump. Wanted to give him a mental image of where I go for a few hours twice a month; writing my appointment on the white board and telling him multiple times before I left didn't help this time. Maybe it will eventually sink in. Also, picked up a cheap cell phone so that he can call me when he feels he needs to.
Wild turkey, one of many passing through the property that day, from Summer 2008. Hope everyone is having a great holiday.

No comments:
Post a Comment