Orchard Point Park: The weather cooperated for a short time this morning, so I was able to fit in a walk before the rain returned this afternoon.
Orchard Point incorporates a marina and a park, and lies on the opposite end of the levee from Fern Ridge Dam.
Standing in the drained marina looking out over the reservoir. That small white spot on the distant shoreline to the left of the hill is Fern Ridge Dam (slightly more than a mile away). Home is about two miles away in the same direction.
Launch point at the marina. Very muddy...
Orchard Point end of the levee. I'm fond of perspective shots of roads, walkways, etc., but you've probably already noticed this. It can be pretty windy on top of the levee during the colder months and today was no exception. I ended up cutting down hill to the right to use the service road on the north side back; wind burn is no fun.
Thistles and Scotch Broom (the spindly, bright green plant...kind of pretty in the spring when it blooms, but non-indigenous and highly invasive). Curious as to why only the north side of two of the thistles have sprouting seeds...
Next chemo session is Monday so I'm trying to squeeze in as much "outside" time as possible before the cold becomes too much again...here's hoping for more breaks in the rain this weekend.
Saturday Update: A few more from this morning before the drizzle turned into rain...
Spencer Butte as seen from Richardson Park (more info may be found here).
Yes, it's as cold as it looks. No, I don't know why my pants look funny; trust me, my thighs don't normally look like Popeye's forearms.
I call this one, "Self-Portrait with Abandoned Shoe (Children's Size 8)", part of a planned series of self-portraits with forgotten footwear. Please send your unwanted shoes to the usual address for inclusion in upcoming photos.







2 comments:
My favorite is the "Self-Portrait with Abandoned Shoe (Children's Size 8)". It's almost mystical. It looks like your slowly rising from the depths of the water.
It's a little Aphrodite's rising from the sea-ish. Now, if you were only wearing a long flowing wig, and were naked.
Well, I *am* standing on a giant half-shell...
Trust me, no one wants to see nudie pics of me. Besides, it'd break my camera lens.
Post a Comment