Not trying to push myself today but still wanting to get outside for awhile, I took a few pics around the property.
The Pookie-Dilly Circus at full charge (Dilly on left). Happy, happy, joy, joy.
Oak tree against fall sky. Note the clusters of mistletoe in the top branches, most prominently on the upper left.
Neighbor pot-bellied pigs Benny and Lola
Lola munching on carrots. Pigs make me a little nervous; look into that left eye and maybe you can understand why. An Oregon farmer was recently in the news as having been eaten by his hogs (authorities believe that he had a fatal heart attack while in the pen, but I bet those suckers just had enough of the guy and overpowered him).
Ring of mushrooms around a blue spruce. I see mushrooms dispersed in this manner every fall (so-called "fairy rings") but never with a tree in the center. There's another, looser "ring" around one of the pondersa pines but the pattern was a little harder to see.
Another happy carrot monger: Carmen, from across the street, at a moderate gallop. She watches me like a hawk whenever I'm outside.
More 'shrooms. 'Tis the season, after all.
Me from yesterday trying to document the blotchiness (which was nearly gone by this time; it's more visible in the close-ups I took). No, I can't explain why I look pissed off.
Until next time...








2 comments:
*hugs*
The mushrooms that pop up in our yard here, look like baseballs. I think they are puffball mushrooms, a friend once said they were edible, let them eat them. I'm not that hungry. :)
Pigs make me a little nervous too.
You look good, even if you do look pissy! ;P
*hug back*
I like store-bought mushrooms, but the idea of eating a self-foraged fungus is beyond my feeble comprehension. I do like photographing the more nifty-looking ones around here, though.
The pigs made a loud and very strange-sounding whine when they saw me today. A trifle creepy...
Thanks. Do think I look a little better these last couple of weeks..."pissy" is probably my natural look, so no chance for improvement on that front.
Post a Comment