Thursday, November 29, 2012

Check-in: The weather's been dreary, as is typical of late Fall in the Willamette Valley, which means that I haven't been able to spend much time outside this week. Getting on the treadmill doesn't appeal to me much right now (plus, it's in the back add-on room, which means it may as well be outside, temperature-wise), so I haven't been walking. There's a noticeable difference in my energy and mood when I'm more active.

Speaking of which...had a couple of days earlier in the week when I wasn't feeling all that great, emotionally. It happens. Didn't freak out about it and the dark moods passed relatively quickly; doing better as of yesterday.

Currently not experiencing much in the way of symptoms. Still had some issues with the cold a few days ago (especially Sunday at Hendricks Park...felt like a regular Tomsicle) but even the "gravel throat" effect is hardly apparent right now. I do believe that my hair has thinned a touch; since I usually keep it pretty short these days, it's difficult to tell.

Received something anonymously in the mail last Saturday; I've been through the few suspects I could think of with no success but still have one or two candidates left to contact.  If I can't identify the person and they happen to be reading, please accept my thanks. Rest assured that the gift is being used.

Self-portrait in bass trombone bell
From a break today during our semi-regular jam sessions; wish we could find a steady drummer/percussionist. (The comparisons to Spinal Tap are getting old, even though none of our former drummers has died in a bizarre gardening accident. Yet.)

Temperatures are supposed to improve during the next few days but rain is going to continue. Hoping for some sun breaks over the weekend so I can get outside to combat my cabin fever...

No comments:

Post a Comment