The procedure went quickly; think I
was out of there in under an hour. Similarly, my recovery time was again about
half the expected time. Either I recover quickly or they were anxious to get
rid of me. Unlike yesterday, they didn't feed me but I did get some cranberry juice. I was given the all-clear to eat normally when I got home. After nearly 24 hours with only a cup of coffee as nourishment, I was going to eat whether they told me I could or not.
The port's in my upper left chest
and needs to be covered with a dressing for 48 hours. After that, I can remove
the dressing and shower (to everyone's relief, especially mine). There are supposed
to be two types of ports (single versus dual) both about the size of a quarter.
Essentially, it's a small basin that connects to a catheter, which in turn
connects to a vein. Currently, I feel a moderate pinching sensation at the site
but no pain. A bit more information can be found on the manufacturer's website.
My upper chest was shaved in a swath
from side to side for the surgery. The hair on my abdomen is just starting to
grow in again, so the pattern of hair on my torso looks really strange (imagine
only having a band of hair about two inches wide in the middle of your chest). I thought about “doing
the metrosexual thing” (as my brother said) and shaving what's left of the growth
on my body, but I have no desire to look like the Pilsbury Dough Boy with
nipples.
4 comments:
Dough boy with nipples huh? Then you can do the conan nipple twist
This is Tom's Electric Boogie Wonderland in Blue, we don't talk about self-nipple play here. Much.
I was going to comment about the dough boy nipples...now I just want to know what the conan nipple twist is and is it any fun?
You'll have to ask Conan. Sounds like a '60s dance craze, if you ask me.
Post a Comment