Thursday, October 25, 2012


It's Okay To Be Nosy: Two appointments next week, right at the start: Monday is a biopsy and Tuesday is the power port installation. I'll be mildly sedated for both, unable to drive afterward but not completely under (grateful for this...not that I do poorly with general anesthetic, just think it's something to avoid if you can). I was told this morning that my chemotherapy (24 treatments, each two weeks apart) begins on the 6th (assuming that I'll need a week for the hole in my chest to heal enough), but received a card in the mail today saying that it begins on the 5th. Too mentally drawn from the flurry of meetings and paperwork during the last few days to check today; tomorrow's another day…filled with meetings and paperwork. Well, at least I'm keeping occupied. 

Should have mentioned that tomorrow's trip downtown is just for an oil change for the Civic, nothing directly to me. 

Had a question about the size of the support group. The first was only four people, myself included, but am told that the size could increase as word gets out.


[Guest nostrils supplied by neighbor Pookie.]

No comments:

Post a Comment