Three Down...: End of the third chemotherapy treatment today (i.e., removal of my "little friend", the chemo pump...even one of the aides referred to it as such. Has she been reading this blog?). Side effects seem tamer this time, but I was tired by the end of the afternoon (and still am). My blood pressure has been tending to spike on the day they remove the pump so that's something I need to have my regular doc tend to. Other than that...light flushing, little bother from the cold weather, no high temperature readings, no nausea (hit Wednesday night last time)...feel like I got off easy this time.
The last time I had the dressing and needle attached to the pump removed, the attending nurse suggested that I shave my chest in that area so that when the taped-on dressing is pulled off, I don't have a lot of hair pulled off, too. Naturally, the nurse on Monday made certain to place the dressing over a spot where I hadn't adequately shaved, so when the nurse (different one) today removed the dressing...let's just say that I thought I saw the spirit of the Marquis de Sade, smiling over her shoulder. Can't believe that people pay to have body hair removed like this.
Coming home, Clear Lake and Green Hill intersection. The sun broke on my way home today but I was too tired to go outside and enjoy the nice weather. Maybe this weekend...

No comments:
Post a Comment