Friday, November 8, 2013

Pump Off Check-in: Got disconnected from my little friend yesterday around noon. Just for fun, I walked into the center wearing a red-lined cape my neighbors let me borrow, which got me some funny looks (funnier still, to me at least, were the people who didn't bat an eye). I didn't have the guts to slip in the "evil teeth" until I made it upstairs, though...

The effects of the steroid (flushing, BP spike, sleeplessness) did kick in after my last post. Muddled on through the day yesterday despite feeling like a piece of over-cooked asparagus. I think I look and feel a lot better this morning...not 100%, but I'll take it. Feeling surprisingly dehydrated still today...at least the tide of nausea has subsided mostly, although I do feel a gentle reminder of it now. Lorazepam hasn't been much of a help at all (I must be the last person to know that it's primarily an anti-anxiety drug), so I've using non-conventional means to fight the "sour gut" feeling.

I'll talk more about this early next week. Until then...

5 comments:

Eliza said...

Cooked asparagus is no way to feel... now, cooked Broccoli or even cauliflower I can get behind, but asparagus? nope. :-)

For your dehydration... my two suggestions are get a big cup with a straw. It's easier to drink more through a straw (don't know why but have found it true for me) and get some gatorade (or some such drink) and drink some of that. It helps your system balance out and sort of fills in the gaps that helps dehydration.

I dealt with a lot of that in Arizona...

I'm glad you wore your cape... :-)

plaidmojo said...

testing.. posting??

plaidmojo said...

Well holy sons of bejebus! that Freakin' finally worked??? Ha!
Now. does my phone work??

Eliza said...

And then there were two... :-)

plaidmojo said...

ha!

Post a Comment