Hair Today...Part II: I've been doing a rough count of the hairs in the tub after my shower every morning for the past week; by Wednesday, the number had reached around thirty (not to mention falling hair in my eyes all throughout the day, which had become super irritating), so the time had come to do something drastic.
I thought at first that a simple buzz cut with the clippers would suffice, but examination in the mirror afterwards proved that it looked patchy and shabby, like I was a mangy stray animal. So late last night, I decided to go all out and shaved my head with a safety razor.
Call it my own personal, "Night on Bald Mountain".
Yes, it looks weird and feels unusual. I couldn't stop touching my scalp for the longest time afterward (hey...the back feels nice and supple...sensual, even). I'm mostly comfortable with my new look, despite the uncanny feeling of seeing Mr. Clean looking back at me when I check the mirror. I did experience some of the worst shivering ever about an hour after I did the deed, so caps, hats and such are going to be a necessity in the next few months.
Yes, I'll post a picture or two by the start of next week, promise. I think it's both screamingly funny and a tad creepy, so I can't not share.
Other news...went for a walk on Thanksgiving morning. Not quite as far or quickly-paced as usual (3.4 miles), but not too draining. Surprised, because this round is hitting me slightly harder so far with respect to my energy level. It's another way to help with the uncomfortable feelings in my stomach (remember, "the gut likes to be walked"), so weather permitting, it's a good supplement to my other method of controlling nausea.
Next chemo session begins Monday...
Monday Update: As promised...
.jpg)
7 comments:
you will have to stock up your stash of lollypops, kojak :) and I cant stop touching your head either... sooo smooooth...
It's difficult to stop touching it myself...so weird...
Picture of me at the top of my tumblr picture blog (link in right-hand column) for those anxious to see what I look like.
I love this picture of you! slightly perplexed, "wait my head... it's Naked??!"
Thanks; if I look remotely decent, it's only because of the photographer. And yes, that about the size of it: "Wait...I'm...BALD!!"
I think it sort of suits you! But you do look like you are completely confused!
That's what a number of people have said, much to my surprise. No one has outwardly said, "Yeech!", at least.
And yes, I do look confused, but that's nothing new.
and you can have fun with hats!
Post a Comment