Mix-up (Slight Return): I mentioned in the last post that I was going to try to get to the bottom of last week's CT cancellation. Finally made contact with my patient navigator after a few attempts and she couldn't tell me the reason, either, but did promise to try to find out directly from the oncologist. One step forward...
I've been having some stomach distress this week at times (gas, bloating and a bit of nausea and discomfort on occasion), so I had her put in a word to one of the on-call nurses. I used this opportunity to get the results of last week's blood work, which the nurse said was "beautiful". (I have beautiful blood; envy me, kids.) The nurse said that she'll mention it to the doctor and see if he'd like to have me come in for a visit. It's been an emotional week at times (partially because of the canceled CT) and I've experienced some disturbed sleep patterns, so that might be the reason why I'm having some stomach flip-flops. I'm certainly not feeling any weakness, fatigue or pain. Made a few changes in my diet this week, so that might also be a contributing factor.
Been out for a few long walks this week now that the weather has started to cool down; it's been nice getting back into the routine again.
[Also, too: Using this update as an excuse to fix the repeated words in my last post. Embarrassed...usually don't fix small typos and such, but this was too much to bear.]
1 comment:
Third time's the charm...
You have beautiful blood and I have suspicious eye nerves... we were meant to be friends!
The Stomach issues might be from anxiety. You were all geared up for some big event and then it didn't happen... it would be entirely natural to be anxious.
Be your own advocate. Don't wait for them to call back. Polite squeaky wheels get results and no one is going to care more about your health than you.
Post a Comment