Mix-up: So...where were we? Oh, yes...during the last office visit I had in late July, the oncologist and I agreed on me having a CT sometime in late August. About a week after that, I received one of the center's appointment cards in the mail with the date August 30th, time of 1:00 PM, with the designation "LAB" (which is usually just blood work).
I arrived at the center today about fifteen minutes ahead of my appointment time, all ready to be scanned, and received a surprise: the CT was canceled almost immediately after it was scheduled. "Weren't you called?" Of course, this being the Friday before Labor Day weekend, most of the usual suspects that I could talk to this about had the day off (the doctor, the patient navigator, the lead scheduler, etc.). There was someone there to draw my blood for the usual tests, though. I did receive profuse apologies from a new scheduler (new to me, at least) and a couple of the nurses (it was funny to hear one of the them blame the mix-up on "all the new people we have"...that must be the first lesson in Corporate Speak 101: "It's that new guy's fault!" or "It's the fault of that guy who left last week!").
Not as upset about the whole thing as I probably should be. It's been that kind of a week. Truly.
So, no real news right now. Apparently the doc thinks I'm doing well enough (judging by last time's blood work) that a CT isn't scheduled until sometime in October. Guess I'm okay with that, considering that I feel pretty much the same as last time; maybe a little more tired at times this week (I've had some concern about today's visit), but nothing really remarkable.
I should mention that the neuropathy in my fingers and feet has continued to decrease. It's not completely gone, but am guessing I'm in the area of 75% back to normal (typing was a huge problem there for a time). Very grateful about this and am hoping it eventually disappears altogether.
3 comments:
I'm glad that your fingers are feeling better... it sucks not to be able to make things work they way they are suppose to.
I would check with your Doc about the CT scan. If nothing else, they are changing the game plan with out your consent and that is a big no-no...
Take care! Get sun while you can! :-)
Thank you. It did indeed suck for about a month and a half, there. I've heard many stories about people who have experienced it much worse, though (including not being able to walk because of the pain and numbness), so I've tried to keep that in mind and not feel too sorry for myself.
Plan on calling the center next week to get the lowdown...hoping that the usual folks are back from the long weekend.
It is always good to keep perspective. However, saying that you shouldn't be sad/mad/troubled because others have it worse, is like saying you shouldn't ever be happy because other people are happier...
Enjoy the weekend!
- E
Post a Comment