Thursday, September 26, 2013

Hiya: I've been busy with administrative stuff (the center requires all sorts of paperwork from me) this week but I thought that I'd let people know the tentative plan at this point. My oncologist is currently out on vacation so we're communicating through intermediaries (nurses and my patient navigator) but to my understanding, I'll be starting treatment again on the 7th. Again, not what I was hoping for originally, but I'm ready to do what it takes to finally kick this uninvited shit out of my body once and for good. Soldiering on...

Started my regular walking regimen again earlier this month now that the weather's gotten a little cooler. Hit a personal best today: 8.2 miles. Won't be doing that again soon, haha.

Reader question time: I started this to help people know my progress but it's become that and a little more (mostly off-topic crap to keep my spirits up during chemotherapy). Since I'm going to be undergoing the same process as last time, I've wondered if I should bother to update this page anymore. Friends and family who keep in regular contact with me don't really need to read this and everyone else has sort of dropped off the radar (I can't imagine why...it's such fun stuff to read about). So...continue? Not continue? Sleep on it? Put a sock in it?

5 comments:

Eliza said...

Well, as I seem to be the only one who comments... would say do what makes you feel better. :-) Some times it's nice to have an outlet that isn't Facebook...

Unknown said...

I really do appreciate your comments, even if I haven't had much initiative with respect to replying recently. Makes it seem a little less lonely here (sniffle).

I'll have to think on it. I've come to the perspective that it's largely a private struggle. I do have some wonderful support in real life...can't tell you how grateful I am for it.

Eliza said...

I never say something thinking that you will have to respond to it.

Do what is best for you. :-) Just don't disappear...

Unknown said...

Oh, I realize that. Sometimes I have something interesting or clever to say in response, most of the time, I don't. Never seems to stop me from responding 98% of the time.

I hate it when people disappear, but having done so myself to folks in the past, I can understand.

I decided during today's walk (6.9 miles...see, I couldn't do that again!) to keep on posting. It is an outlet for me, as you say.

Hoping to continue to be a pain in the butt to you all for many years to come...

Eliza said...

and the masses say, "Amen"

Post a Comment