Seventh Inning Stretch: Started my seventh chemotherapy session yesterday (six hours at WVCI, now home and connected to the portable pump until Wednesday). The doc's report was much the same as last time: my vitals look good, so apparently I'm doing well with the treatment (knock on wood). We've agreed to keep me at the full dosage for the time being.
Had a bit of a bout with nausea last night for the first time since the start of the treatment; I've had twinges of it before but they've never lasted for more than a few minutes. This feeling wasn't going to pass without taking something, so I did, which solved it pretty quickly.
I've gained a few pounds since my last visit two weeks ago, so he suggested that I get a little more active again ("Put your galoshes on and get outside", as the man said). Partially because of the recent cold weather, I've really slacked off on any strenuous activity and have been experiencing more fatigue than I had previously. So today I went outside to chase the Bark Brothers (i.e., my neighbors' dogs who come to the fence and call for me at times) twice and did a little compost redistribution in the garden area. Didn't feel much in the way of the effects of neuropathy, either (I wasn't wearing gloves), thanks to the warmer weather. Less tingling in the fingers is good thing, believe me.
My worst days during chemo weeks tend to be Wednesday and Thursday (the latter is the hardest); looking forward to getting outside when those days have passed. Until then...
No comments:
Post a Comment