Saturday, January 26, 2013

Hiding from a Horse: Took advantage of a short sun break early this afternoon to visit the trees in the back 40 (our nickname for the fenced-in acre behind the house and garden).  It's a kind of ritual of mine to walk the area and make sure that the trees we've planted over the years are doing well. Plus, it's an excuse to get outside for a short time during periods when the weather is especially changeable.

The "back 40"
Of course, Lee (the neighbor's horse) spotted me right away and came to his fence to neigh loudly and angrily for a carrot fix. So I spent about twenty minutes trying to avoid passing by him, hoping that he'd eventually lose interest and wander back into the barn. Sounds silly, was silly.

The cold, withering stare of an angry horse
Another quiet week on this end. I overdid it on the treadmill yesterday, so I'm taking it easy for the rest of the weekend. It's raining steadily right now, but at least temperatures are considerably warmer than last week.

Next chemo session starts Monday...

No comments:

Post a Comment