Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Midst of the Sixth: Yesterday was the start of my sixth treatment. Again the center was backed up with patients (they were short some of the usual staff), so much so that the Doc wasn't able to tell me my lab numbers for that morning. Asked him about the comment he made last time about scaling back the dosage for one of the chemo drugs, and he said that he was concerned about the neuropathy I've been suffering in my hands due to exposure to cold temperatures. Allegedly, the effects can be permanent in some individuals and he addressed it in terms of a quality of life issue. So far, I'm able to manage it by using gloves when I'm outside in colder weather and by washing my hands in warm or hot water, so I consider it tolerable at this point. He says that it likely will get worse over time; we agreed to discuss the possible reduction more during my next visit. Other than the neuropathy, he said I was handling the treatments "great" but would like to schedule another CT in a month or so to check my progress.

The Benadryl continues to knock me for a loop; actually fell asleep for an hour and a half while at the center, although that may have partly because of waking up early yesterday. Did so again today, but only feel a little tired.

Still have a couple of e-mails to respond to, sorry. Got sidetracked yesterday after I came home from the center by a letter saying that my debit card had been compromised (no, the deluge of crap never seems to end...that firing squad I mentioned in an earlier post should appear here any day now). Took the rest of the afternoon and part of the morning to straighten out the issue, which pushed back some of the other things I was planning to do.

Weather is still cold here, so keeping inside most of the time is the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment