"...": Returned tonight from a two-day trip to NIH. I got the sobering news this afternoon that not only did the clinical trial not work for me, but that I also have some small new tumors. Six months of enduring a grueling, miserable trial for...what? The same results as no treatment at all?
Needless to say, I was and am really shocked. I didn't expect to get a completely clean bill of health today, but I also didn't anticipate the bad news I received. I'm pretty devastated right now. I truly thought that I had a decent chance of beating this back, especially with the way the team talked about the cell performance in the lab.
The next step will be contacting my local oncologist again (he's out on vacation this week). Then, likely more standard chemotherapy, with all its faults and side effects; I'd like a chance at another clinical trial at another institution, but I'm fresh out of hope at the moment.
This is likely my last blog post, unless some really miraculous new treatment is discovered and I'm included as a participant. I never wanted this to descend into a journal of my declining health, and I fear that's what lies ahead.
Thank you for reading.
4 comments:
Nothing I can say will help, but know you are in our thoughts. I will hold on to your hope for you.
We are still here.
As I am. I won't leave the blog like this...besides, it serves as an outlet for me. I had planned to post something last night, but my back/neck trouble was getting the better of me.
My mood has improved since my disappointing news. Not giving up by any means.
It relieves my heart to hear that.
You are Loved.
Post a Comment