Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Happy New Year 2015: I started the blog sometime in September of 2012 not very long after my diagnosis but I have always considered the blog's anniversary (blogaversary?) to be January 1st, more or less. New year, new start, new hopes...then as now.


Eugene Airport, slightly after yesterday's midnight arrival: thinner than when I left, bald (impressively, this only took a couple of days), exhausted, a bit crazed but ever-so-grateful to be home.

The week's worth of chemotherapy designed to knock out my immune system was a tougher experience than August's surgery, if you can believe it. I'm running on very little energy these last few days, but am slowly recovering.

I had a few short but very nice phone conversations today. You know who you are...thanks for being there.

Thanks for reading, and extra-special thanks to my wonderful, loving wife Barbara. I love you.

3 comments:

Eliza said...

Both Jeremy and I think you look better in this picture (albeit exhausted on a whole new level) than the last time we saw you. Rest and remind Barbara that Jeremy's cookies are magic and you should have them... and if they didn't survive that long, let us know... we can make that better. :-)

Brightest Blessings... and sleep...

Unknown said...

Really? Maybe because I feel so drawn and tired that I can't quite agree with you.

Barb tells me that I spent more time today awake and alert. I do know that my appetite is returning.

plaidmojo said...

Tom is definitely getting better- still not up to doing anything major- like walk around the block.. but definitely not so pale and drawn. Gaining on getting his reserves back. One day at a time.. (insert Schnider reference of some sort). He of course is ready to be over this. Ha! But up and playing at the piano a bit this morning- on the mend!
Now to let the magic genetically modified whatsits do their thing, Yippee! waiting!!
Love Love the waiting... :)

you are an amazing dude, Mr Hubs. I adore you.

Post a Comment