Thursday, December 18, 2014

An update of the update of the update.. wait did I update this?


Hello Tom Followers (ha! makes him sound like a cult leader)  Barbara here again. I thought I would give a quick update on that crazy Thomas guy. I know that Tom has been talking to a few of you, but he has been pretty wiped out from the treatments so he hasn't gotten to updating this.

As of today he has been injected with 36.6 Billion (with a B) genetically modified lymphocytes. All of them like ninjas-trained to seek out his specific cancer cells.  Obviously there is some science involved but as that has been gone over in previous posts I shan't re-blah blah blah.

Tom is pretty beat but in good spirits.  He had some pretty rough chemo for a few days to "wipe out his immune system" to make it easier for the lymphocytes to do their job.  That part is thankfully over and he is feeling better.  Today's injection was not so harsh, but it did tucker him out. He says he feels pretty good, in comparison to last week, but like he has a bit of the flu.  

So to sum up-  Everything is going well and according to plan, which is excellent. Tom is doing well, snoozing a lot.  There is a chance he may get released earlier than predicted (Jan 4th), but.. that is still up in the air.

Thanks to all who has sent him cards and notes! He is appreciative of the holiday hellos.

Barbara


2 comments:

Eliza said...

I haven't sent cards, but he gets a text every day with some horrible joke... so I guess that counts :-)

Unknown said...

It does indeed count. ☺

Post a Comment