Update: I'll keep this one fairly short. I had a CT scan on the 3rd with a follow-up appointment with the oncologist last Tuesday. One of my tumors has grown slightly (I had the impression that the remainder were either stable or decreasing), and he gave me a few treatment options. Among the suggestions were to not do anything for the time being (i.e., a continued "chemo holiday"); not acceptable to me, for obvious reasons. The option that I wasn't exactly enthusiastic about was to return to a third chemo regimen with the original drug schedule I had back in late 2012 through early 2013 (the one that left me with permanent neuropathy in my hands and feet). An alternate course of action would be to find a clinical drug trial that would accept me as a candidate, which is the option I accepted.
The center does have a trial for colon cancer patients, but I found out this morning that I don't qualify for this particular study (my tumor was "mutation positive"...no, don't ask me exactly what this means). There is a trial in Portland which sounded more encompassing, so the center is in the process of finding out more information for me.
More next week...
1 comment:
I. I saw Mutation Positive at the Troubadour in L.A. back in '95. They stunk.
II. Yes. I was hoping that I qualified for the "in-house" study, but my tumor didn't pass the KRAS criterion (again, don't ask me exactly what this means).
III. I got a call from the Portland study on Friday afternoon, but I was out doing errands; they said they'd call back Monday. Crossing every digit I have and then some. Driving up there on a weekly basis (I'm assuming the treatment would be weekly, since the local study is) would be a burden, but I'd like my treatment to take a different approach rather than another round of chemo.
IV. Work is easier when you have the proper tools. :-)
V. O_0
Post a Comment