Wednesday, March 26, 2014

"I Run to the Can": ...which is how one of the nurses in the chemo infusion room jokingly refers to irinotecan, the main drug they give me during my visits that has a notorious side effect. Well, most of the time, this particular symptom doesn't manifest itself, but on occasion...

Today finished up the 12th and final treatment of my second round. I'm hoping that it's the last "big" treatment (if appropriate, I'll be relegated to what's deemed a "maintenance" program, much less rigorous than what I've been going through). I'm due for a CT next Monday, with a follow-up visit with the oncologist a week later.

Nervous as all hell about it, naturally. Really don't want to go through this again.

The doc didn't have much to say during Monday's visit; my numbers are "fine", and talked a little about future possible courses of treatment. Again, we'll know more in a week and a half.

Enjoyed a warm spring weekend here in the Willamette Valley; the weather has returned to its usual rain and gloom this week, however. Not knocking it, really (we need the water), but the few days of sunshine were a nice respite.


2 comments:

plaidmojo said...

DONE!!

Unknown said...

Hoping against hope that it is. I did mention to you that I just received an "appointment" card in the mail from WVCI, saying that my "next" chemo treatment is the 7th. Yeesh. Please don't let this be an omen...

Post a Comment