Friday, April 11, 2014

Back from Outer Space: My post-scan appointment was last Monday. The news wasn't as good as I had hoped; I still have the lesions, but there's been no further growth of the existing ones nor any new ones. The pronouncement continues to be, as it was in late January, "stable". Doc asked me how I'd like to proceed; restarting chemo immediately was possible, but I said that I needed a couple of months away from the drugs to get my strength back up (I'm not feeling all that energetic at the moment). So I'm scheduled for another scan in June; we'll decide a course of action from there. A third round of chemo isn't something I want to even consider right now, but...

Doc did mention the possibility of a clinical trial related to colon cancer (possibly related to the immunotherapy treatment currently being used to treat lung cancer) but said that the drugs were not yet available to the center. Seemed to be saying to keep my hopes up, in so many words.

I haven't been able to "feel" the tumors since sometime late last year, but have been suffering moderate discomfort on my right side from what I'm told is adhesion; it feels like a tugging or clamping sensation. Other than that, and the persistent tiredness, and the odd spell of quasi-nausea, I feel perfectly fine. :-P

So...that's how things stand right now. Going to try not to think too much about it in the next couple of months.

No comments:

Post a Comment