And...we're back: Currently working on the second-to-last treatment. So far, not so bad this time; the usual side effects are hitting me, of course, but I don’t feel like I’m going to hurl at any minute.
Visit with the doc yesterday was fairly uneventful; he did tell me that my blood count had dropped a little, but that might be due to the antibiotics I was on because last week’s illness (I had a raging cold for much of last week, my first in about two years). “Keep up the fight”, were his last words to me. I am, believe me.
I did learn something during the visit to my G.P. on Thursday; having a fever can be a good thing (at least in my case, currently in chemotherapy and all that jazz) in that it shows that one's immune system is still active. Having an infection with no signs that your body is fighting it off...not good, for obvious reasons.
There were things I'd hoped to do last week (i.e., my alleged "feel good" period during treatments) but being sick put a damper on that. The weather here today is absolutely clear and beautiful out this way...kind of a tease, considering that I don't have a huge amount of energy at the moment.
Took the blog off-line for a bit for personal reasons; won't get into it much, since it's ugly and deeply, painfully stupid crap.
[Certain family members...if you believe that I'm "forcing" Dad to move, I invite you to call him and put this accusation to him, assuming you can muster up the courage to do this.]
In any event, you can assume semi-regular posts will appear at the usual URL. No intention of stopping writing, ever.
Short update today...possibly more later in the week.
1 comment:
Goddess forbid someones sees their limitations and does something about it... Come to the Drama-free Land... we don't do 'painfully stupid' here... we do, however, have some really killer cookies... :-)
It will be lovely to see your posts again. I missed them.
It was great to see you with hair!
Post a Comment