Yes, Today Is A Monday: I was supposed to start chemotherapy today but because of my financial status, the center has to request a particular drug directly from the supplier. Don't know whether they did this too late or some mix-up occurred, but whatever the reason, it didn't arrive on time. So, no chemo today, despite the mental and physical preparation (i.e., shaving the area around the port...kinky!). The center said they'd call me when the drug arrived and we could schedule a time for me to start.
Met with the oncologist today. Usual good results for my pre-chemo blood work. I do have an area of concern; asked him about possible surgical (and other) solutions and he said not at this time, he believes that another round of treatment is the best bet. I was relieved to not have him mention a time line (which is what I thought I'd hear today); not to say that it isn't serious, but I was prepared to hear some really grim news today.
Outside of some slight pressure in my abdomen and suffering from some sleep problems lately, I'm feeling pretty normal. Just realized the other day that I'm not having any fatigue after my walks, yard work, etc. I'm sure that'll change soon enough during my next round of treatment.
1 comment:
No timelines is good news... Now the center just needs to get their act together...
Post a Comment