Saturday, April 20, 2013

Less Cowbell: Time for a short update, not that there's much to tell. I've been mostly confined to inside activities due to some fatigue and poor weather. Today was the first nice day in a couple of weeks; much overdue, in my opinion. Made it outdoors for a time to do some garden area clean-up.


Still experiencing some lingering chemo effects. I mentioned fatigue, and it's true that I do get tired more easily when I'm active; an hour's worth of light work outside is enough to tire me out for a good part of the day.

I didn't have the same level of neck and back pain this last time around. It wasn't completely absent, but at least I was able to sleep during that week.

Around the second day of the last treatment, I began to experience a persistent tingly numbness in my fingertips. During the last couple of months, the doc kept telling me that the neuropathy symptoms would continue to increase, but I didn't quite believe him. Well, this must have been what he was warning me about. The effect has lasted since I first noticed it, but I think it's lessened somewhat during the last few days. Irritating, but doesn't stop me from doing the things I want to do. He mentioned that there are ways to alleviate neuropathy, but I'm not all that enthusiastic about popping more pills.

I'm enjoying not having to think about having to go into WVCI next week for treatment (although there are a few people I'll miss seeing for a couple of months...is this weird?).

2 comments:

Eliza said...

I'm glad you got to get out and enjoy the sun!

It's not strange at all... This has been part of your world... the calendar you have lived by for 6 months, the people who have helped you through a scary and painful time... of course you are going to form attachments.

Good luck with the nueopothy... might want to look into non-pill ways of dealing with it.... maybe chiropractic can help sooth the nerves...

Unknown said...

I have been enjoying the weather, with a few caveats...there's a lot of things I'd like to do around the property that I've neglected during the last few months. Today's agenda: three hours of mowing. Woooo...at least I'm able to get outside and be active.

Maybe if I can find someone to stick a needle in my chest for a couple of days the feeling of "missing" WVCI might pass. But she has to be young-ish and cute.

Thanks. Just kind of hanging loose about the problem right now. If it persists, I'll definitely contact the center and ask about solutions.

Post a Comment