Last Treatment: Got the pump off around 1:00 PM today, which concludes my six months of chemotherapy. Have a doctor's appointment in mid-July, with a scan tentatively scheduled sometime in the interim. But I'm free from the rhythm of my twice-monthly treatment, at least for the time being. I do have to go in for a port flush in four to six weeks, but that's just a quick visit.
Feeling e-x-t-r-e-m-e-l-y relaxed right now; blood pressure was 130/86 when they checked me during the pump removal, which is unheard of for me at this point during a chemo week. Symptoms have been lighter this time around, unlike the last couple of treatments. Not yet feeling any discernible soreness in my neck or back (but, yes, that could change); I've decided that it's at least partly attributable to the way I sit (read: slouch/slump) sometimes, so I'm making a concerted effort to improve my posture, at least during treatment.
Talked over recent matters concerning the support group with the leader and we both agreed that it'd be a good for me to take a little time off from attending. And no, I wasn't imagining the tension/trouble with another attendee; I'm informed that a resolution is forthcoming. I'm not interested in all the gruesome details (think there were events of which I'm thankfully unaware) but am looking forward to not having to deal with someone else's issues. I'm too old for this sort of shit.
So...no solid plans for the moment, but I do have some nebulous ideas for fun stuff during the break to blow some of the cobwebs out of my head (mostly confined to the area, but possibly a short road trip, if anyone's interested. Of course, there's tons of crap to be done around the property, but most of that can wait.) Just want to push the thought of being a cancer patient to the back of my mind for a time.
2 comments:
WOOT!!! I'm so glad this one was easier for you!
You have some fun plans this weekend to celebrate!
Well, I am feeling some aches in my back and neck right now, but nothing like the last couple of sessions...thankful for that.
Yes, looking forward to tomorrow's family fest is a mood brightener.
Post a Comment