Made a mistake on my last "scmutz" post: this is the third to last full session. After the 12th one in mid-April, he'll schedule a full PET scan to figure out exactly what's going on, and we'll decide a course of treatment from that point forward.
Had a rough night last night; chalk it up to the steroid. Also looking mighty flushed and experiencing the nasty chemical taste right now. Yesterday, the oncologist said that my face looked red and "puffy" ("Puffy TommyYumi" was going to be this post's title, but I decided it's too much of an in-joke); told him I had a long walk (5.2 miles) on Saturday and ended up getting a little too much sun (the sunblock I used didn't help much; chemo is rough on the skin), so that explanation satisfied him.
Ended up bumping into the neighbors at Kirk Pond on Saturday...
![]() |
| Pooki Jagger |

2 comments:
It was nice to meet you today.
Kid's sunscreen might help more than adult's... they do something different for sensitive skin... my skin burns when I watch commercials set in a sunny area and I have had really good luck with a Aveno kid's sunscreen and I have had to suck it up and get a sun hat.
Doggie noses and tongues always help.
Back at ya. :-)
Thanks for the tip about kid's sunscreen; I may try that before too long. I've just been slathering on the stuff I have much more heavily than normal whenever I spend extended periods outside and it does seem to make a difference. Never mind that I look like an old goth rocker who lost his way to the Peter Murphy concert...
Post a Comment