Friday, November 28, 2014

Plans: The date is now official: I fly back to Bethesda on the 8th, with it sounding unlikely that I'll be back before the new year. I'm not exactly thrilled with the timing, as you can probably guess. Dr. P. offered to push out the date until early January (mentioning my "low disease burden") but Barbara and I agreed that getting this done sooner rather than later would be better for my mental health. I've been figuratively climbing the walls waiting to get word as it is.

I spoke with one of the research nurses on Tuesday, and she gave me a brief summary of the schedule, which includes a week's worth of chemotherapy. The lymphocyte infusion is set for the 18th, with plans to observe my reaction to the treatment for about two weeks.

3 comments:

Eliza said...

Yeah, timing isn't the best this year... but I know, for me, I would want to take the earliest opportunity.

How can we help support you? Text you stupid puns?

Unknown said...

Texting me stupid puns would be excellent! :-p

Thanks, E. Seriously, other than keeping Barb occupied a little while I'm away, I'd have to think about it. I'll probably be blogging much more while I'm there to keep myself busy (consider this a warning).

plaidmojo said...

why are flights so freaking expensive?? damn it.

Post a Comment