Today: ...I'm officially a two-year cancer survivor, i.e., it's been exactly two years since my operation and diagnosis.
I was told a number of conflicting things by various hospital staff during that particular stay; suffice to say that I chose not to be upset at the most dire predictions I was given. I'd like to think that it's helped both my physical and mental to try to remain positive. I've dealt with people who feel otherwise, and it's oppressive and futile dealing with their anger.
It's been quite an incredible period of time, in every sense of the word. Most everyone who knows me is aware of the big events of the last two years, but the small, everyday events and interactions that are impossible to detail seem at least as important. That probably sounds annoyingly vague, but maybe some of you can understand.
Anyway...still here, still doing well, and happy about both of those facts.
Off-topic: My oregonfast.net e-mail address is going away very soon; my gmail.com address will be my primary e-mail from now on. Similarly, I've moved recently and am no longer at my previous physical address. So...speak up soon if you'd like my new information.
5 comments:
Personally I'm glad you are alive and well. But I'm selfish that way... It has been a quite a year!
It's the everyday that create the memories... Congrats on the two years... I'm buying a 'happy 20 year survivor' card... just 'cause... I'm going to need it. :-)
Happy two years and 13 days...
Sending up a flare, E.? :-P
Still here, still doing all right (except for some back trouble)...my next trip out of town is on the 19th for a scan and a short check-in with the group. I'll expect that they'll give me more news about the upcoming procedure then. For the moment, I'm just trying to relax and de-stress from the pressures of the last few months.
Go see Dr D... his fists of fury will make things better... :-)
Post a Comment