Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Well that took forever....

Hello Tom's Blog Followers.

I know that many of you have waited all day for news on Tom and his surgery today. Tom wanted me to update his blog so that you all can be in the loop.  Not sure how much he has explained to all and sundry, so I will keep this short and sweet.

So the update is:  he is doing well!

The surgery took longer than they expected to remove his tumor- due to his previous surgeries-  but it went well. No problems or complications.  He is headed for a night in ICU to be monitored, and may spend Thursday there as well.  They tell me that by Friday he will be feeling more like himself.  No official date of when he will be released to come home, but the doc says that usually a 5 day stay in the hospital.

I sure Tom will update this himself soon with more info on the who-its and what-its, ins and outs of the science and exactly what they are doing next. For now, I wanted to let everyone know that he is out of surgery and doing well.  breathe everyone. phew.

Thanks to all for the support and well wishes.  I will make sure Tom knows how many people were behind him today.

~Barbara

1 comment:

Eliza said...

Huzzah for doing good! We can breathe now for a little while.

:-)

Post a Comment